|"We'll figure it out."|
Path of Sekhmet
Jasmine Anderson, (nicknamed "Jaz") is a sympathetic blond girl from Nashville. She is the second magician to respond to the djed of Osiris. She seems to have a close bond with Walt, the first magician who responded to the djed. Jaz follows the path of Sekhmet, the goddess of famine, allowing her to be an effective healer.
- Jaz was one of Carter and Sadie's first trainees along with Walt Stone. She was studying the Path of Sekhmet as she is a healer. The two had a close friendship and Jaz was helping him with his curse, but Sadie felt jealousy towards the two as she didn't know about the curse and minterpreted the friendship as a romantic relationship. After training with the Kanes for seven weeks, Jaz was taken on a mission to the Brooklyn Museum to retrieve one of the three pieces of the Book of Ra.
- At the museum, Jaz worked with Walt to disarm the traps around the side window while Carter, Sadie and Khufu opened the dome at the top of the ballroom as an exit. When they returned, they found Jaz comforting Walt and telling him that they would figure it out, which Walt quickly lied was about the Book of Ra. In the museum, the group found a statue of Khnum, what they were looking for and after Walt figured out the clue to find the Book, Sadie activated the statue and grabbed the Book, causing it to be surronded by white ghostly fire which spread throughout the museum, activating every resivoir of Egyptian magic and awakening a griffin later named Freak. At Carter's insistance, Jaz looked with Walt at opening the windows, but Jaz was nervous as the symbols on the window looked familiar. Too late she realized what they were and yelled at Walt not to open the window, but he did anyway and released seven bau: evil spirits known as the Seven Arrows of Sekhmet which were plauge spirits created by the goddess. One infected Walt and Jaz used a healing spell to save him, but used up nearly all of her energy doing so and was left greatly weakened. Carter managed to get Freak under control after he ate one of the bau, but the rest were still on the loose and Jaz insisted on drawing on Sekhmet's power to cast a spell to banish them back to the Duat despite her weakened state. Before doing so, she gives a wax figurine of Carter to Sadie to be used in an emergency to heal him, telling Sadie she'd need it and that she was sorry she couldn't do more. Using a statue of Sekhmet, her wand and a protective circle, Jaz managed to cast the spell, pulling the bau into a vortex and banishing them, saving the guests at the nearby wedding who the bau infected. The group escaped on a boat pulled by Freak, but the experience left Jaz in a coma that no one knew how to pull her out of.
- Later, when Sadie is unconcious, Jaz's ren pulls her ba to Brooklyn House to speak with her, which she can do since both of them are near death. Jaz tells her not to blame herself and tells her to use the figurine to heal Carter of the tjesu heru poison he is infected with. When Sadie points out that she doesn't know how to do that, Jaz tells her that she needs only one more thing and to think about how Isis once healed Ra. Jaz also tells Sadie to call upon Walt to help and that some things are important enough that someone should try to help, but doesn't elaborate on that. When Jaz tells Sadie that she taught them to fight for Ma'at and Sadie tells her that she was a terrible teacher, Jaz tells Sadie that she was an excellent teacher and then sends her into a vision of Isis healing Ra. Thanks to Jaz's help, Sadie realizes that what she needs is Carter's secret name and using that and Jaz's figurine, Sadie is able to heal Carter in time.
- When Ra returns from the Duat and his presence revitalizes all those fighting in Battle of Brooklyn House, it re-energizes Jaz and pulls her out of her coma. Jaz helps fight and defeat the enemy magicians and shares a happy reunion with her friends.
Very sympathetic and kind. She would even risk her life to protect Carter, Sadie, and Walt from the evil spirits. Also, she gives encouragement to Sadie when Sadie loses hope. Jaz is working on a cure for Walt's curse as well.
Carter describes Jaz(Jasmine) as pretty in a blonde cheerleader kind of way, yet he says she is not his type.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Jaz has a talent for healing magic. She also is following the path of Sekhmet, the goddess of plagues and destruction, so she can unleash giant blasts of energy and control the Seven Arrows of Sekhmet when linked with the goddess. She was also seen using telekinesis to destroy a shabti and throw a magician into the fireplace during The Battle of Brooklyn House. It also stated that she can turn people into shrubs. She may also have some power to see the future as she foresaw that Sadie would need a special figurine to heal Carter in the future and made it for her, warning her that she would need it, but this is unconfirmed as Sadie thought about how Jaz is not known to have that ability.
- Her real name is Jasmine, but Carter said you shouldn't call her that unless you want to be turned in to a shrub; she seems to prefer to be called Jaz.
- Jaz's last name was never revealed in the books. Rick later revealed during an interview that her last name is Anderson.
- She may have an unconfirmed ability to see into the future: she knew that Sadie would need a wax figurine of Carter to heal him beforehand and its unexplained how.
|v • d • e Kane Chronicles|
|Core Series||The Red Pyramid • The Throne of Fire • The Serpent's Shadow|
|Main Characters||Carter Kane • Sadie Kane|
|Major Characters||Ra • Anubis • Apophis • Bast • Bes • Horus • Isis • Zia Rashid • Set • Walt Stone|
|Other Characters||Michel Desjardins • Geb • Iskandar • Jaz • Amos Kane • Julius Kane • Ruby Kane • Khufu • Nephthys • Nut • Osiris • Thoth • List of Characters|
|Locations||Brooklyn House • Duat • The Egyptian Queen • List of Locations|
|Other||House of Life • Magic • Magician • Kane Family • List of Terms • Rick Riordan • Survival Guide|