Sobek is the crocodile god whose sweat creates the rivers of the world.
- Sobek appears when Bast, Carter, and Sadie attempt to contact Nephthys at the Rio Grande in El Paso, Texas. First, he sends two crocodiles to attack the trio before rising from the river. Desperate to protect her friends, Bast challenges him and forces the god beneath the water and back to the Duat, sacrificing herself to allow Carter and Sadie time to escape. Sobek is later seen again when a victorious Horus proclaims himself king, scowling.
- When Sadie, Carter and Zia are escaping the Land of Demons, Sobek is protecting Ra on the sun barque and witnesses Ra's rebirth. Sobek pledges his loyalty to Ra, but Ra is aware that Sobek would eat him if he could. Upon their return to the mortal world, Sobek announces Ra's return and calls for everyone to bow to him which no one does. Carter suspects he was either trying to suck up to Ra or make him feel worse. Sobek then charges into battle against Apophis with Ra and Bes, joining Bast who is already fighting him. When the gods exile themselves from the Earth except for Anubis, Sobek goes with them.
Sobek recognizes strength first and foremost. As such, he respects those who have proven their might. Sobek has a predatorial nature, hunting those that he deems to be weak. He may be cruel, but proves loyalty to Ra in the final battle with Apophis.
Sobek is a giant man with light green skin and the head of a crocodile. He has black shoulder-length hair done in plaits and bull horns. He carries a flagpole-sized staff and wears a green armored, reptile-skin kilt. His eyes are covered in a film of green mucus. He constantly sweats buckets of water from which flow the rivers of the world.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Sobek has all the standard abilities of a god. He can summon crocodiles and sprout water from his staff. Indeed, for being a river god, Sobek, like Nephthys, is completly unaffected by running water. In addition, Sobek possesses tremendous physical strength.
Set- Father, though he gave Sobek to be raised by Osiris.
Osiris- Foster father.
Hathor- Sister in law.
Sobek was not an evil god to the Egyptians, contrary to his nature in The Red Pyramid. He was revered in Egyptian culture and was prayed to in order to be protected from the crocodiles that filled the Niles.
- His blood is green as shown when Carter injures him and he loses a few teeth.
- He is shown mainly as a human and crocodile hybrid, except for his bull horns. Bulls may have something to do with water as shown in the Percy Jackson series that Oceanus, a deity of the sea, also has bull horns; and The Mark of Athena, where Achelous, a river spirit, also has horns which transform themselves once broken off into cornucopias.
- He is the Egyptian equivalent of Poseidon/Neptune.
|v • d • e Kane Chronicles|
|Core Series||The Red Pyramid • The Throne of Fire • The Serpent's Shadow|
|Main Characters||Carter Kane • Sadie Kane|
|Major Characters||Ra • Anubis • Apophis • Bast • Bes • Horus • Isis • Zia Rashid • Set • Walt Stone|
|Other Characters||Michel Desjardins • Geb • Iskandar • Jaz • Amos Kane • Julius Kane • Ruby Kane • Khufu • Nephthys • Nut • Osiris • Thoth • List of Characters|
|Locations||Brooklyn House • Duat • The Egyptian Queen • List of Locations|
|Other||House of Life • Magic • Magician • Kane Family • List of Terms • Rick Riordan • Survival Guide|