| The Throne of Fire
|Publication Date:||May 3, 2011|
|Media Type:||Hardcover, Paperback|
|Preceded by:||The Red Pyramid|
|Followed by:||The Serpent's Shadow|
The Throne of Fire, is a 2011 fantasy/adventure novel by Rick Riordan, and the second book in The Kane Chronicles series. It was released on May 3rd. The book takes place roughly three months after the events of the first book.
Carter and Sadie Kane have to save the world with help from Lord Ra, the Egyptian god of sun that they have to revive.
- Alyssa An initiate who follows the path of Geb. And is skilled in pottery and an earth elementalist.
- Cleo An initiate who follows Thoth and is their future librarian.
- Emma Sadie's mortal friend who lives in London.
- Jaz An initiate who follows Sekhmet and is their skilled healer.
- Julian A seventh grade initiate who follows Horus.
- Liz Sadie's mortal friend who lives in London.
- Amos Kane Brother to Julius Kane, described as dressing in a classy suit with sunglasses, and has the appearance of a barrel shaped Jazz musician. He is the second most powerful magician. He was the temporary host of Set, until he was done using him.
- Carter Kane Age 14, Carter is the descendant of Ancient Egyptian magician; he is one of the main protagonists. Described as always dressing 'impeccably' in khaki pants, dress shoes, and a button-up shirt.Sadie kane thinks he has no style. The host of Horus, his main weapon is a khopesh, an Ancient Egyptian sword favored by guards of the Pharaoh. His specialty is combat magic.
- Sadie Kane Age 12 (turns 13), Sadie is Carter's sister, and shares his magical ability. She was raised in England by her grandparents after her mother died. She has light skin, caramel colored hair with one red streak on the left side, blue eyes, and never goes anywhere without combat boots. She is a powerful and natural magician who can read hieroglyphics and understand Ancient Egyptian. She becomes the host of Isis.
- Vladimir Menshikov The third most powerful magician in the world and leader of the Eighteenth Nome. Temporarily hosted Apophis.
- Zia Rashid A powerful magician who Carter Kane has affection for. Considered the most promising student in the First Nome. She is the unknowing host to Nephthys.
- Sean An Irish initiate who studies at Brooklyn House.
- Walt Stone An initiate, a sau, who Sadie Kane has affections for. He suffers from the curse of Akhenaton.
- Felix An initiate who has a deep love for penguins. It is unknown which god he follows.
- Michel Desjardins The Chief Lector (most powerful magician). Tries to hunt down Carter and Sadie Kane during The Red Pyramid and most of The Throne of Fire.
- Anubis God of funerals and assistant of Osiris, takes the form of a human with a jackals head, or an attractive teenaged boy. He and Sadie show strong and mutual feeling towards each other.
- Apophis God of chaos
- Babi God of baboons; hosted and took over Gramps.
- Bast Goddess of cats, her host was Muffin, Sadie Kane's cat. Also a deadly combat goddess. She is sworn to protect the Kane siblings.
- Bes God of dwarves
- Horus Falcon-headed son of Osiris, destined to reclaim the Throne of Ma'at. His host is Carter.
- Isis Goddess of magic and wife of Osiris. Her host is Sadie Kane, formerly her mother Ruby Kane.
- Khepri Scarab god, an aspect of the god Ra
- Khnum Ram-headed god, an aspect of Ra
- Khonsu Moon god
- Nekhbet Vulture goddess, the host of Gran
- Nephthys Goddess of river
- Osiris God of the dead. Father and brother of Horus. His host is Julius Kane.
- Ptah God of craftsmen and creation, hosted by a date farmer.
- Ra Sun god, god of order
- Set God of evil and chaos, represented by the color red. Possesses Amos Kane when he is Set's captive.
- Sobek Crocodile god
- Tawaret Hippo goddess
- Thoth God of wisdom and thought, illustated as a 'mad scientist' character.
- Freak A griffin found in the Brookyln Museum
- Khufu Amos's pet baboon and ally to the Kane family
- Philip of Macedonia Amos's pet crocodile. It is a shabti.
- Mad Claude (Appius Claudius Iratus) A Roman spirit stuck in an Ancient Egyptian burial site.
- Fun With Spontaneous Combustion
- We Tame a 7000 Pound Humming Bird
- The Ice-cream Man Plots Our Death
- A Birthday Invitation To Armageddon
- I Learn To Really Hate Dung Beetles
- A Birdbath Almost Kills Me
- A Gift From The Dog Headed Boy
- Major Delays At Waterloo Station (We Apologise For The Giant Baboon)
- We Get A Vertically Challenged Tour of Russia
- An Old Red Friend Comes To Visit
- Carter Does Something Incredibly Stupid (and No One Is Surprised)
- I Master The Fine Art of Name Calling
- I Get a Demon Up My Nose
- At the Tomb of Zia Rashid
- Camels Are Evil...
- ...But Not as Evil as Romans
- Menshikov Hires a Happy Death Squad
- Gambling on Doomsday Eve
- The Revenge of Bullwinkle the Moose God
- We Visit the House of the Helpful Hippo
- We Buy Some Time
- Friends in the Strangest Places
- We Throw a Wild House Party
- I Make an Impossible Promise
Other Cover DesignsEdit
- Carter catches a glimpse of a winged horse flying around Manhattan, and recalls what Amos said about Manhattan and its gods. The winged horse is likely a pegasus, possibly Blackjack from the Percy Jackson series.
- Carter at one point wishes he had the powers of the sea god, another reference to the Percy Jackson series.
- ↑ The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan Parental Book Reviews. Retrieved on 05-27-2011
- ↑ The Throne of Fire, hardback, page 91
|v • d • e Kane Chronicles|
|Core Series||The Red Pyramid • The Throne of Fire • The Serpent's Shadow|
|Main Characters||Carter Kane • Sadie Kane|
|Major Characters||Ra • Anubis • Apophis • Bast • Bes • Horus • Isis • Zia Rashid • Set • Walt Stone|
|Other Characters||Michel Desjardins • Geb • Iskandar • Jaz • Amos Kane • Julius Kane • Ruby Kane • Khufu • Nephthys • Nut • Osiris • Thoth • List of Characters|
|Locations||Brooklyn House • Duat • The Egyptian Queen • List of Locations|
|Other||House of Life • Magic • Magician • Kane Family • List of Terms • Rick Riordan • Survival Guide|